Senior Purchasing Manager
|Posted By: Taylor Madison Associates LLC |
|Reference ID: taylormadisonassociates.com |
|Industry: Food, Beverage |
|Job Type: Full Time |
|Location: Queens, NY United States |
|Experience Req: 7 to 10 years |
One of our clients is seeking to hire a Senior Purchasing Manager to join their team. The Sr. Purchasing Manager will source, contract and manage perishable, disposable, food service/retail consumable items for major national accounts. Extensive knowledge of international high-end food products a must! Oversee the distribution channels for delivery of products. Work with suppliers and company representatives to drive or improve product quality and reduce costs.
- Measuring food cost percentage; supervise and develop an existing team: Buyer(s), storeroom manager, and receivers.
- Develop and streamline process, e.g. accessibility, availability, cost, and quality assurance.
- Assist in food presentations and develop in conjunction with management and manage pricing structure to meet food cost goals.
- Guarantee systems for best price / value for products such as: High value fish, meat, poultry, specialties, dairy fruits and produce and basic F&B supplies.
- Create and monitor reports with variable year and seasonality prices input in order to create most cost effective high-end menus together with corporate executive chefs.
- Analyze procurement and financial data in conjunction with the Unit Controller for opportunities including supplier rationalization, tenders, and aggregation and specification alternatives.
- Attend food tasting sessions for new products
- Maintain contracts, buy side related paperwork, and related files.
- Develop sourcing plans and budgets, track results as necessary to meet contract obligations.
- Review Purchase requisitions, obtain competitive quotes and plan Purchase Orders.
- Monitor and resolve supplier performance and business issues that may occur to ensure food safety compliance, HACCP regulations, and FDA regulations.
- Establish cross-functional sourcing targets such as redesign improvements, material and process standardization.
- Establish and negotiate agreements and maintain business relationships with the established supplier to assure on-time delivery, favorable pricing, and capacity allocation and Purchase terms.
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years in related purchasing/procurement management experience of at least 25 million.
- Preferred candidate will have background in institutional and contract food purchasing.
- Alcoholic beverages knowledge a plus.
- Proficient in using Microsoft: Word, Excel, Outlook, purchasing software preferred.
- System knowledge of MS Navision REQUIRED
- Bilingual Spanish REQUIRED
|Job Record Number: 14 |
|Apply For This Job |
|Back To Job Listings |
Visitors Online: 4 | Total Visitors: 161,325
© Taylor Madison Associates, Inc. | Site By BSM