Junior Human Resources Generalist
|Posted By: Taylor Madison Associates LLC |
|Reference ID: taylormadisonassociates.com |
|Industry: Food, Beverage |
|Job Type: Full Time |
|Location: Queens, NY United States |
|Experience Req: 3 to 5 years |
One of our clients a Food Production company is seeking to hire a Human Resources Generalist to join their team. The HR Generalist will support daily HR project work and manage HR systems and participate in employee relations, policy development, recruitment, on-boarding and several other HR functions. A successful HR Generalist works well with diverse groups of people, performs best autonomously and strives to be remarkable.
- Provide support in employee relations, hiring process and training.
- Manage all HR traffic for over 800 staff members, including concerns with management, work environment and benefits.
- Maintain employee records including employee files, term files, I-9 and identification.
- Responsible for providing and assisting new hires with all necessary paper work.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures along state, federal and local laws and regulations as they pertain to very fact of Human Resources/Employer related functions.
- Onboard new employees in order to become fully integrated
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
- Provide analytical and well documented reports tracking recruiting activity
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications in collaboration with the hiring manager.
- Prepare and post jobs to appropriate electronic job boards and community resources.
- Source and attract candidates by using databases, social media, community based resources, etc.
- Utilize the Greenhouse Recruiting Software to manage the recruiting process.
- Screen candidate resumes and job applications.
- Conduct interviews using various reliable personnel selection tools/methods to filter candidate.
- Conduct all communications with internal and external parties to ensure effective operations of the human resources office.
- 2-3 years Human Resources experience within Food Production, Hospitality or Catering
- BS in Human Resources Management or a related major, or equivalent experience
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference checking, background checking, etc.)
- A strong working knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft Office, Windows, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and other related software packages).
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively in a team environment and with all levels of management
- Bilingual (Spanish) REQURIED
- Union experience helpful.
|Job Record Number: 13 |
|Apply For This Job |
|Back To Job Listings |
Visitors Online: 4 | Total Visitors: 161,324
© Taylor Madison Associates, Inc. | Site By BSM